Most credit card services allow businesses to manually input credit card information into a machine or Internet-based card service. You won’t be able to insert pin or contactless payment it the card holder is not present. You’ll have to obtain all of the card information verbally to obtain an authorization for payment.
If you don’t currently use a card processing provider, Accept Card Payments can help Set Up a Merchant Account, Obtain Processing Equipment, Online Processors, Understanding the Fees and knowing the rules
When processing a payment you should follow a few simple steps.
- Use a phone next to your credit card processing device.
- Enter the required information while the customer is on the phone.
- Follow the prompts for manual input. Ask the customer for their card number and type, if requested by your card server.
- The system will guide you through the process asking for information such as Ask for the customer’s expiry date, security code. Input all information when requested.
- Submit the information by using process or “submit” button, might differ depending on system
- Keep the customer on the phone until the payment is approved.
Follow these simple steps:
- Customer orders by phone with card
- Login to your Terminal
- Enter the necessary details
- Click ‘Process’
- The terminal processes the transaction(s)