If you currently are not taking credit card payments for small business, you might be asking the question should we be.
There are many advantages to taking credit card payments for small business. It is not just about the face to face payments side of thing, but taking credit card payments as a small business means that you could increase sales and also potentially take payments outside of business hours.
Things have changed and when considering taking credit card payments for small business you need to bear in mind the following factors:
- Where does your client base come from?
- Face to Face also known as Card Holder Present. If so then we need to consider equipment https://acceptcardpayments.com/ways-accept-credit-cards/ or will it mainly be over the phone or internet or a combination of both?
One mistake made when looking at taking credit card payments for small business is, considering what works best for you, but what works best for your existing and potential clients. Think about what will help to build up business. So how do you want to do business with your customers, or how does your customer want to pay you? In Person or Remotely
Taking credit card payments for small business in person, a business with a physical location is historically been done via a desktop device also known as Countertop which will be covered in best credit card terminal for small business or Portable Terminal. These will be covered in portable credit card machines for small business.
Taking credit card payments for small business via Online Payments, ideal for businesses looking to sell online or an existing business with a website.
Taking credit card payments for small business by Phone and Mail. Used when customer not present. These are easy to set up and, will work with laptops, tablets and smartphones.
Taking credit card payments for small business where you are out and about Mobile. Your main business could be Shows, Festivals or Market stalls. Also work from home where payment is required and Taxi Drivers or Mini Cabs.
As promised the disadvantages to taking credit card payments for small business:
Face to Face
- Costs could depend on volume
- The value and type of card used for payment could affect costs
- Needs a internet or phone line connection
- May require some changes to be made to your website
- Transaction costs may depend on volume
- Some systems have extra steps that can deters customers from continuing
- There may be additional costs for portable card readers
- Think about your internet
- Has to connect to base unit via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- Range may vary depending on location
Mail Order Telephone Order
- You may not have a signed receipt.
- Transaction costs depend on volume
- Not suitable where mobile data single is weak
- Data charges may apply.
We feel the taking credit card payments for small business helps in ensuring that you are responding to your customer preferences and needs. People expect to be able to pay by card.
Taking credit card payments for small business can help lost sale opportunities.