Why Your Small Business Needs to Make It Easy for Customers to Pay
Starting a business is easier than ever. Confidence is currently high when it comes to entrepreneurial spirit and endeavour. Many people, from all walks of life, have decided to take the plunge and start a new venture.
Some of us are doing it from home, using our own unique set of skills to create the services and ecommerce solutions that people are looking for. Others are opening shops that provide niche products to the local community or sell to customers across the world.
In the UK alone, more than 2 million small businesses have started since the beginning of the millennium. The set-up costs are often low and the amount of support available through various outsourcing opportunities has expanded in recent years, including for IT and banking services.
That doesn’t take away from the stark fact that many new businesses still fail within their first five years. But we’re certainly getting the entrepreneurial bug and it’s boosting the economy.
One issue that any business needs to work out is how it accepts payments from its customers.
With the rapid development of online shopping and most of us now owning hi-tech smartphones that allow us to buy on the move, making it easy to pay needs to be a priority. Providing a simple to use card payment solution for your customers online or in your shop has a number of advantages:
- The easier you can make it, the more likely a customer is to return to your site or shop and buy other products or hire your service again.
- Consumers expect easy pay now, whether that’s linking up to their card details or Paypal account online or when they step into your store and decide to buy something using their new contactless card.
- People are carrying less cash around with them. More of us work with various tools such as WorldPay that allow automatic debiting from our accounts.
- That’s because it’s so easy and convenient to do this. If you’re shop or office only works on cash, that means your customer must go and find a machine to draw out some money.
- Having a good, secure card payment system through a merchant service means you open up your business to more of the world.
- Payments by card are growing both online and in store and staff are handling less cash than they have ever done before. A good payment card service therefore makes your business flexible.
Finding the Right Card Payment Solution
As with many other industries, the merchant services sector has grown with the online business world in recent years. It can be confusing and difficult to find the right service that is tailored to your specific needs and which operates within your budget restrictions. Added into this is the fact that many merchant services don’t provide the personal level of customer help and advice that allows business owners to make good operational decisions.
At acceptcardpayments.com, we’ve put together the perfect advice and guidance that helps you choose the best merchant service for your needs, whether you’re a small start-up or a successful, growing business, bricks and mortar store or running and ecommerce site. Card payment should be simple for everyone to use including you and your business – you want something that handles a wide variety of card types and can be set up with little or no trouble while keeping your customers secure.